[mythtv-users] Upgrade Madness

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Dec 4 10:33:15 UTC 2021

On 04/12/2021 02:46, Martin Compton wrote:

> Could I demote
> the current backend to be a slave backend while I get things working?  Or at least point the old
> machine to the new one's database?

I don't think this will be possible since the old backend will have the old database version in it.
It will probably barf on connecting to the new, updated database on the new master backend.

I'm also not sure if a slave backend requires the master backend to be running in order to function.
If so, then you might as well do what you planned, just build a new v31 master backend, copy the db
dump to it and let the v31 mythtv-setup upgrade it.

--

Mike Perkins