[mythtv-users] OS X build for 0.30 frontend

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 11:50:59 UTC 2021

John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's a prebuilt binary for v30 that I posted on the sourceforge site here (the same site I post updated v31 / master builds):
>     https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/v30/

Great, that's running now. Hit the "video in bottom left of screen" issue that I recalled having seen discussed, and thanks to a quick search dealt with that.
Many many thanks to all those that made this work.

> Since you're running Big Sur, I'd suggest upgrading to v31 at least to get the updated video playback (it was much less stuttery on high bitrate 4k videos when I started Big Sur specific builds).

I'm not generally even using HD Freeview, so that's not going to be an issue. So many things to do, so little time for upgrading ... "it's only TV" :D

Simon