[mythtv-users] OS X build for 0.30 frontend

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 09:49:33 UTC 2021

> Suggestions on the best way to end up with a working OS X frontend ?

H Simon,

There's a prebuilt binary for v30 that I posted on the sourceforge site
here (the same site I post updated v31 / master builds):
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/v30/
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/v30/>

I originally downloaded this copy from the link you've mentioned posted on
the wiki.

Beyond that, your only two options are to roll up your sleeves and compile
locally or upgrade your backend to v31.

Since you're running Big Sur, I'd suggest upgrading to v31 at least to get
the updated video playback (it was much less stuttery on high bitrate 4k
videos when I started Big Sur specific builds).

Regards,
John