[mythtv-users] Can't seem to delete channels

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Aug 2 04:06:06 UTC 2021

    > Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 03:25:06 +0000
    > From: Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>

    > On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 5:02 PM <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:

    > > I'm hoping I don't have to manually use the channel editor to
    > > delete channels one by one;

    > There are 3rd party utilities to do this (on the wiki) that
    > use the official API to set channel visibility which would
    > be the recommended solution (or write your own program
    > to do the equivalent, the API is available to all).

OK.  Will see if I can find them on the wiki and do something like that.

    > > P.P.S.  Second issue:  many of my HD channels appear twice in my channel
    > > map, in two different ranges (like 800's vs 1500's or whatever), and
    > > this seems to have been true for quite a while, so it's not some
    > > short-term shuffle going on.

    > Comcast has introduced the (preferred) MCLU channel

I had to Google that acronym, but then I found your message from 2017. :)
http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2017-January/390387.html

    > numbers, which are basically >1000 assigned by local
    > OTA numbering, and organized by groups.  For those
    > that cannot learn anything new, they continue to map
    > the old numbers (grandma can't forget typing in 2, or
    > maybe 802 (for the HD variant) for her CBS affiliate,
    > but MythTV users are presumably capable of more
    > and can start using the new numbering).

    > Just mark all channels < 1000 invisible and live a
    > better life.

Heh.  Wish they'd tell the customers that. :)

[I still don't even know from that rate card I sent uot whether
I'm on the "free & easy" plan; did you ever look at that PDF?]

Thanks again!