[mythtv-users] Comcast MCLU

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 02:48:13 UTC 2017

For US based Comcast custmers (others can delete this now)....

Just a FYI, it appears that Comcast is "finally" (thank you!)
restarting the MCLU(*) channel roll-outs and
(re)assignments(**).

This will (eventually) provide a different taxonomy for
the layouts of channels.  At least in the short term this
will result in both the old and the new channel numbers
being concurrently available.  This may require some
adjustment of your lineup(s)/videosource(s).  The
larger "lead" market for this is apparently Chicago,
but I think it will get rolled out everywhere in some
reasonable time-frame.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Additional-Channel-Lineup/m-p/2852221

(*) MCLU = Master Channel Line Up.  I note they
are no longer using that name, but considering the
acronym is not relevant to most people, disappearing
MCLU is not unreasonable.

(**) The MCLU started years ago, and then was
suspended (numerous reasons, but I suspect the
real major one was that they had other fish to
fry at that time, so decided to ask their CSRs to
focus on those other fish.