[mythtv-users] Problem with Myth Database

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Apr 9 04:17:58 UTC 2021

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 19:07:16 -0500, you wrote:

>Stephen,
>
>Thank you so much!  mysql is definitely not my forte.
>
>I only needed to go as far as "repair table recordedseek;" as confirmed by
>the re-run of the check command and the analyze command reported the table
>was up to date.

So it was likely that the existence of the recordedseek.TMD file was
what was causing the regular check and repair to fail.  That file gets
left behind when a check and repair fails for some reason, so if you
are having problems, you should always look for *.TMD files, and
delete them (with MySQL/MariaDB shut down first).  The most common
reason for having .TMD files left behind is that the partition they
are on is out of space - the recordedseek table keeps growing and is
larger than the rest of the database put together, so it pays to keep
an eye on its size and make sure your database partition always has
rather more space than that.  I have a systemd space check that runs
regularly and will email me if the space gets too small.

>Depending on how you look at it, (I'll take the optimistic view here)
>there's only 86 recordings for which I need to create recordedseek entries.
>
>I'll save that list of recordings to a file and nibble away at it for the
>next few days (weeks?) until they're all addressed.
>
>BTW, I'm saving the list by selecting it in one xterm window and pasting it
>into a new file vi session in another.  Is there a way to
>direct/redirect/tee the mysql output to a file instead?  That would be
>useful for future reference.
>
>In any case, I'm off to get the list saved, exit out of mysql, restart
>mythtv-backend, and start an invocation or two of mythcommflag.
>
>Thanks once again.  I really appreciate the help.

There are several methods, but the easiest way to get the output sent
to a file do this before the select command:

tee name_of_output_file.log

and this after:

notee