[mythtv-users] Cable card

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:57:32 UTC 2021

I had a problem with compiling the drivers to the orphan cablecard tuner,
the Ceton Infinitv 4 PCI-E. I'm going to replace it with a Hauppauge WinTV
DCR-2650, which is essentially an HDHomeRun. I've notice my older
recordings created with the Ceton no longer play without the tuner present.
Is there a way to fix this in the database? Why does playback of an
existing recording rely on the presence of the tuner that created it,
anyway?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8923
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.