[mythtv-users] Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 16:16:36 UTC 2020

On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 at 13:49, James Klaas <jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org>
wrote:

> > On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:32:22 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >>I recently upgraded mythtv on my Buster server to 30.0 from
> >> deb-multimedia.
> >>
> >>After I got everything sorted out and working to my satisfaction, I
> >>discovered that the status page for my mythweb install would produce a
> >>404 error. After some searching around I found someone who mentioned
> >>removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
> >>culprit:
> >>

> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926
> >>
> >>However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
> >>server as I rely on other programs for that service.
> >>
> >>Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?
> >>
> >>I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.
> >>
> >>James
> >
> > Removing -noupnp should only fix it if it was a firewall problem where
> > port 6544 was blocked.  Do you have a firewall running on your Buster
> > server?
>
> I do have a firewall.
>
> > Are there any firewalls between the box where you are
> > accessing mythweb and the Buster server?
>
> I'm accessing from a remote host. I also tried from a browser on the
> localhost and got the same result.
>
> > In your case, is the 404 error from getting pages from mythweb, or do
> > you get a mythweb page with a 404 error displayed inside it where the
> > status fetch from port 6544 failed?
>
> It's the Mythweb page decorations, with a "404 Not Found." under the
> banner.
>
> > Do other mythweb pages load
> > properly?
>
> As far as I can tell, all the other mythweb pages load fine.
>
> > Does this URL work:
> >
> > http://yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML
> >

> I get a 404 page not found error with --noupnp enabled.
>
> I disabled the firewall and I still get a 404 error when "--noupnp" is
> enabled.

All my mythweb errors were SELinux related.  I must admit your problems
look different but if you you have SELinux enabled and you're stuck, you
could try running:

sudo setenforce 0

to see if that makes a difference.

Then turn SELinux on again:

sudo setenforce 1

If that did help then you can work on fixing the SELinux issue.  If not -
no harm done.