[mythtv-users] Problems with Screenshots (RePost)

Werner Mahr werner at vollstreckernet.de
Tue Sep 22 19:01:10 UTC 2020

Am Dienstag, 22. September 2020, 19:13:56 CEST schrieb Roland Ernst:
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 11:19 AM Werner Mahr <werner at vollstreckernet.de>
>
> wrote:
> > The Problem is with sceenshots that are just not displayed.
>
> Do you mean in mythfrontend, mythweb or the webfrontend ?

> > and I just didn't managed to find anything related in debug output.
>
> On the wiki, the main page
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library

> has a troubleshooting section, especially the file name convention for
> videos
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing
> Did you follow this?
> The title "Once upon a time", or "Es war einmal" (in german) has multiple
> entries,
> so you need to be very careful on the video file names itself.

That really did help. Not the troubleshooting section, but in a subclause it
was stated that the folder needs the exact name.

I had:

Serien/Es war einmal der Mensch/S1E01 - Eine Neue Welt Ensteht.avi

and renamed it to:

Serien/Es war einmal der... Mensch/S1E01 - Eine Neue Welt Ensteht.avi

That was the whole problem, the dots get removed when calling ttvdb3.py, so
retrieval works fine. It downloads "Es war einmal... Das Leben Season
1x1_screenshot.jpg" and writes it into metadata table in db, so everything it
needs to know is actually there, cover and fanart works also, only the
screenshot is ignored when folder name with the videos doesn't match the
actual series name.

Thank you for the wrong hint with the right info beside it, I think this one
could only be solved by accident. In my eyes this behaviour is a bug, but I'm
sure it won't be threated as one till a series with a slash in the name comes
up.

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr