[mythtv-users] Metadata is generic in v31

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Sat Sep 19 23:28:30 UTC 2020

> On 20 Sep 2020, at 1:57 am, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>
> I've recently updated to 31 from 29.1 and so far run into just one problem. Metadata looked up from within the video player is now generic to the series rather than specific to the episode, so I don't see the episode title or the description of what happens in the episode. There also seems to be a problem with downloading artwork.
>
> Anyone else seen similar?

Paul great confusion here. It seems the movie grabber gets different data at different times.
Also I find (and this must be myth)

I->Change Video->Retrieve
gets generic metadata

Whereas menu->scan
retrivies specific data

but the scan way leaves out some movies and the I way is needed. Also the I way does not log what it is doing. I'll play with the logging to see if I can make sense here.

What we need is the developer[s] who crafted this feature to spend a little time polishing the debugging so we can unravel what is happening. The code is complicated and python is alien as it contavenes my personal ethos.

James