[mythtv-users] Display weirdness

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:20:00 UTC 2020

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 04:06, DryHeat122 <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today a new problem cropped up.  From the program guide I started ESPN HD from the "watch this channel" menu item to watch Lakers v Rockets.  HDPVR2 started fine but the picture was shrunk to about half the size of the monitor. Esc and try again, same result.  Rebooted, and same result.  I noticed when it was starting from the program guide it showed the ESPN HD icon, but another tv icon with SD below it.  So  somebody thinks they're getting a SD signal. You can get HD video off component video outputs of the HDPVR2, right?  Here's the kicker.  After watching the game on another system, I went back and tried ESPN again on the Myth box as above. Now I still get the TV/SD idon on startup but the picture is full screen. WTF?!?

I *think* there may be an issue in 0.31 with livetv and displaying
HD/4K video - just starting to join the dots between differing
comments and reports; and if there is an issue it seems to be
intermittent.

So when you say you went back and tried ESPN again and it was working
- do you mean from livetv? or from a show that was recorded.