[mythtv-users] Mythtv-frontend operation with 4K TV?

Erik Merkle mythtv at emerkle.net
Wed Sep 9 13:46:13 UTC 2020

I'm not an expert, but the only advantage of using a lower resolution
would be to reduce the workload on the video card. But as you said,
the 1030 can handle 4k content just fine. I have a 1030 GT myself
with a 4K display and I've had it set to 4k for a while now. I did have
it set to 1080 initially, but that was because my MythTV system seemed
to struggle keeping up. The problem was that I didn't have my Nvidia
settings correct for Xorg, and it was actually doing software rendering.
Once I fixed the config, it's been just fine at 4k.

My vote, leave it at 4k.

-Erik