[mythtv-users] Problem with myth fill database...
Douglas_Peale at Comcast.net
Thu Sep 3 03:52:49 UTC 2020
On 8/27/20 6:04 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 8/26/20 6:46 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
>> On 8/25/20 10:54 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
>>> On 8/26/20 12:11 AM, Douglas Peale wrote:
>>>> It works when I run it manually, but not when it is run by mythbackend.
>>>> Mythweb status says this:
>>>> Last mythfilldatabase run started on Tue Aug 25 2020, 12:01 PM and ended on Tue Aug 25 2020, 12:01 PM. FAILED: XMLTV grabber
>>>> returned error code 1.
>>>> Suggested next mythfilldatabase run: Wed Aug 26 2020, 12:01 PM.
>>>> There's guide data until 2020-09-10 05:00:00 (15 days).
>>>> How do I go about debugging this?
>>>> I found this thread: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?t=2750
>>>> but it is two years old, and I can't seem to find the sd.xmltv file anywhere.
>>>> Running Mint 20 Cinnamon
>>>> MythTV version: 2.31.0+fixes.20200323.9579662cdc-0ubuntu1
>>>> Let me know what other info is needed.
>>> sd.xmltv would be valid for a user that had a source named "sd".
>>> You need to see what your source(s) are named and look for a
>>> file with that/those names followed by .xmltv. The file will be
>>> under the .mythtv directory (unless you/your distribution uses
>>> the MYTHCONFDIR environmental variable.)
>>> If it works as your user, then you've chosen to set things up
>>> contrary to the XMLTV Wiki, which recommends setting things up
>>> as the same user that runs the backend. AND when running manually,
>>> running mythfilldatabase as that same user.
>>> Some prefer to have links/copies of the <source name>.xmltv files (I'm
>>> not in that camp.)
>>> Look at this one: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3480
>>> which discusses both methods.
>> After fixing the ownership and putting the files where they belong, I'm now getting "XMLTV grabber returned error code 13"
>> A google search leads me here: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?t=129
>> Where at least one user is reporting that this is a normal return.
>> I'll have to watch the results for a few days to be able to tell if my schedule is being updated. It says I have 15 days at the
> I've got 18 days worth, 'til Sep 13 2020, which is typical.
> It's useful to run the grabber itself to look for issues like the above.
> Run mythfilldatabase -v system. Look for the line containing something
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --config-file '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/CABLE.xmltv' --output /tmp/mythblah
> and run it from the command line (as user mythtv). Be sure to drop the --quiet
> switch as above. Works for the non SQLite version too.
> The /tmp/mythblah file won't be deleted in this case. You may want to remove
> it manually.
I finally got a chance to do this.
I found that /home/mythtv/xmltv/tv_grab_zz_sdjson.cache was owned by me instead of mythtv.
Once I fixed this, it seems to be working when I run it as user mythtv.
I'll know for sure tomorrow when MythTV tries to run it.
Thank you for your help.
More information about the mythtv-users