[mythtv-users] Best distribution for MythTV

jam jam at tigger.ws
Tue Sep 1 08:14:34 UTC 2020

> [snip]

> I have wondered about creating my own packages. If building from source is really that problem free, perhaps building packages wouldn't be that hard. I have altered source packages before as a workaround, but not tried building my own from scratch.

Although building your own packages is ‘quite’ easy, you need to create a spec file and maybe rename your source dir.
Getting someones src rpm is a good intro but I find, in general, the spec files included are gravely complicated. They need not be. There are a number of rpm building tutorials.
For me I do not bother building rpm for mythtv (although I do for other packages), a simple make install does all.
James