[mythtv-users] remote control mostly stopped working

TODD ANDERSON drtodd13 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 26 08:59:39 UTC 2020

> Am Dienstag, 24. November 2020, 06:46:57 CET schrieb TODD ANDERSON:
> > It seems that some Ubuntu update screwed up my remote control.  I have a
> > Hauppauge remote and the arrow keys still work but basically nothing else.
> > From ir-keytable, it seems like /etc/rc_keymaps/hauppauge isn't being
> > loaded at startup anymore.  If I load the file manually with ir-keytable -c
> > -w /etc/rc_keymaps/hauppague then ir-keytable -t will report the correct
> > scancodes and mappings when I push the remote buttons but it is like those
> > keystrokes aren't sent to mythfrontend because still only the arrow keys
> > work.
> >
> > In mythfrontend setup, when using ir-keytable, I just want to make sure that
> > LIRC daemon socket should be empty.  Should the evdev device name go
> > anywhere in the mythfrontend setup?
> >
> > Any suggestions for what the problem could be?
>
> Like Stephen suggested, the configs and mappings are configured different. My
> appraoch for this (debian not ubuntu, and I'm lazy) was to just configure
> mythfrontend to react to the unmapped values. So you can just go to config
> screen, if you call the menu with blue-button (like I do) try to map menu to
> blue-button in frontend instead of mapping blue-button to m in system.

I have previously tried "edit keys" and was able to map a couple additional buttons.
However, for some buttons (like the 4 color buttons at the bottom of the remote)
when I go into edit keys and select the function I want to map to and select an
empty slot and it asks me to press the key on the remote, I do, and then nothing
happens.  The buttons that I really miss are pause and the 4 color buttons.