[mythtv-users] remote control mostly stopped working

TODD ANDERSON drtodd13 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 24 05:46:57 UTC 2020

It seems that some Ubuntu update screwed up my remote control.  I have a Hauppauge remote and the arrow keys still work but basically nothing else.  From ir-keytable, it seems like /etc/rc_keymaps/hauppauge isn't being loaded at startup anymore.  If I load the file manually with ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/hauppague then ir-keytable -t will report the correct scancodes and mappings when I push the remote buttons but it is like those keystrokes aren't sent to mythfrontend because still only the arrow keys work.

In mythfrontend setup, when using ir-keytable, I just want to make sure that LIRC daemon socket should be empty.  Should the evdev device name go anywhere in the mythfrontend setup?

Any suggestions for what the problem could be?

thanks