[mythtv-users] HDHR failing

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 03:22:56 UTC 2020

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020, 7:10 PM James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> Unless there is something I’ve not understood then myth will NOT
> auto-config the IP of the tuners.
> DHCP is really useful but for myth you really want to have fixed IPs. The
> mess in the DB of a frontend that over years (for whatever reason) gets new
> IPs, each time you get a new IP you get an entry for that host, effectivly
> a new frontend, and loose any settings that you have configured for the
> ‘last frontend'
> James

That makes a lot of sense.  One way or another myth seems to expect a
consistent IP, so the moral of the story is set up tuners with fixed IP
addresses. If you don't and have the same problem as me, try to restore the
old IP address. If you can't do that then I suppose you're forced to delete
and re-add the tuner.