[mythtv-users] HDHR failing

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Nov 15 02:09:57 UTC 2020

> On 15 Nov 2020, at 7:49 am, DryHeat122 <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> what I'd do is this
>
> Other devices work.
> Run other SW on your myth box. I can't recall what I used, I definitely used something, maybe a browser, maybe VLC.
> If that works you have a myth problem, if it works not you have a conectivity issue.
>
> None of that worked.  What did work is that I noticed that (I guess after the modem reset) the HDHR got assigned 192.168.1.42, whereas when I installed it in myth setup the address was  192.168.1.41.  So I set up a static IP for the HDHR with that address, and voila!  It works with myth.  So somehow it myth was not detecting the new dynamic IP on reboot as I think it's supposed to do.  Maybe the tshark output I sent Stephen will offer some clues.

Unless there is something I’ve not understood then myth will NOT auto-config the IP of the tuners.
DHCP is really useful but for myth you really want to have fixed IPs. The mess in the DB of a frontend that over years (for whatever reason) gets new IPs, each time you get a new IP you get an entry for that host, effectivly a new frontend, and loose any settings that you have configured for the ‘last frontend'
James