[mythtv-users] HDHR failing

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 23:49:02 UTC 2020

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 11:15 PM James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> what I'd do is this
>
> Other devices work.
> Run other SW on your myth box. I can't recall what I used, I definitely
> used something, maybe a browser, maybe VLC.
> If that works you have a myth problem, if it works not you have a
> conectivity issue.

None of that worked.  What did work is that I noticed that (I guess after
the modem reset) the HDHR got assigned 192.168.1.42, whereas when I
installed it in myth setup the address was  192.168.1.41.  So I set up a
static IP for the HDHR with that address, and voila!  It works with myth.
So somehow it myth was not detecting the new dynamic IP on reboot as I
think it's supposed to do.  Maybe the tshark output I sent Stephen will
offer some clues.