[mythtv-users] How to nominate a program as HD

eyal at eyal.emu.id.au eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Mar 28 04:13:31 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-28 13:21, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 11:13:15 +1100, you wrote:
>
>> On 2020-03-28 10:32, eyal at eyal.emu.id.au wrote:
>>> I have a problem where ticking "High definition" in mythweb makes the program not record.
>>> I tracked it to the fact that (using mysql) program.hdtv is always set to '0'.
>>>
>>> The source of the listing can be an XMLTV file or probed from EIT scan. Neither nominate HD.
>>> I want to ensure that all programs from the HD channels are always marked as HD, regardless of the source.
>>>
>>> - Is there a setting that will ensure this? Maybe in the channel table, but I do not see any relevant field.
>
> No, the HD information comes from your EPG data only.  Channels are
> not marked as HD capable as they can (in theory) change between HD and
> SD transmission at any time.

True, but (for me) it will be useful to designate a channel as HD and thus set all programs as such unless
the XMLTV/EPG says otherwise.

I sometime record a movie on one channel in SD, then later it is shown in HD on an unrelated channel.
In this case I set my schedule to filter "high definition" so as to ignore any repeat of the SD version.
I finally inactivate the schedule after I have the HD (and delete the SD).

>>> - I can probably manipulate the xmltv file at the filldatabase stage to include an HD flag - what is the syntax?
>> 	Do I insert this line to each <programme> entry?
>> 		<quality>HDTV</quality>
>
> Yes, that is the correct format.  Here is a random example programme
> listing from my current EPG:
>
> <programme channel="tv1.freeviewnz.tv" start="20200327004000 +1300"
> stop="20200327011000 +1300">
>      <title>Emmerdale</title>
>      <desc>Can Kerry talk Amy into running away? Nate makes a
> disturbing discovery. Robert prepares for his plea hearing.</desc>
>      <episode-num system="dd_progid">10563907</episode-num>
>      <video>
>          <present>yes</present>
>          <quality>HDTV</quality>
>      </video>
>      <subtitles type="teletext" />
>      <rating system="Freeview">
>          <value>PGR</value>
>      </rating>
> </programme>
>
> You can find the definition of the XMLTV format in its DTD file.  In
> Ubuntu, that is found here:
>
> /usr/share/xmltv/xmltv.dtd

Not on my f30, but it is always here:
	https://github.com/XMLTV/xmltv/blob/master/xmltv.dtd

>>> - I can periodically set program.hdtv using mysql, but this is ugly.
>
> And there is no point in doing that as you have no way of knowing for
> each programme whether it is actually HD or not.

Actually, in my case I am very sure that the HD channels have only HD programs of interest.

--
Eyal at Home (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)