[mythtv-users] Scheduler does not run while a recording is pending

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Mar 16 20:42:17 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 11:59:03PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> v30-fixes
>
> I have recently noticed a problem with scheduling recordings.  If I do
> any adjustments to the schedule while a recording is in 'pending'
> state just prior to it actually starting recording, the scheduler does
> not run until there are no recordings in 'pending' state any more.  So
> the on-screen display of the change I was doing (eg adding a new
> series to the recording schedule) does not show up.  Once all the
> recordings have started, the scheduler finally runs and the changes
> become visible.  Since the pending state typically lasts about a
> minute, this is quite disconcerting as it appears that the change I
> have been making has not happened.
>
> I think this must be a fairly recent problem as I do not remember
> encountering it until the last month or so.

Until there is an instant, or nearly instant, scheduling algorithm,
there will always be some lookout periods where scheduling requrests
are deferred.  I would like to return a monotonically, increasing ID
with all schedule requests.  Frontends can then display some sort of
busy indication until that ID or a later one has been serviced.  I
don't know when I'll get to that.  Patches welcome.

>From you other email, it sound like there might be another issue that
needs attention.  Please open a ticket and describe in detail how to
reproduce the problem.  Especially include what pre-roll setting you
use and the state of the inputs immediately before and after the
problem occurs.

David
--
David Engel