[mythtv-users] MythTV on Android Touchscreen Gestures

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Mar 12 21:55:45 UTC 2020

I'm running MythTV on Android on an Android Tablet. It actually works
quite well, but I have a couple of issues.

I'm using the old webpage since the new one doesn't have touchscreen info

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Android

has a grid map of the key positions that correspond to keyboard keys,
one for Live, one for Recording Playback. I find that its correct for
all but the "enter" positions that do nothing. Its not surprising since,
when I attach a keyboard to the tablet the enter key also does nothing.
I really need the enter key to set a bookmark.

Second, although this tablet does have a keyboard that can be attached,
generally I'm using it without the keyboard. I really could use a way to
generate an "m" from the touch screen for a menu. The menu would give me
a lot of extra functionality. Right now I can't delete a recording, or
refresh my video gallery, among other things that I could if I could
raise a menu.

So I guess what I would like is to change the two non-working entry
positions, to one which is an "m" and the other that is some key that
would actually set a bookmark. Actually, if I get the "m", at least I
could awkwardly go to the navigate submenu which has a set bookmark entry.