[mythtv-users] Mux-shifting. DVB-T retune

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 16:13:36 UTC 2020

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 at 16:23, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I should come back on this.  IIRC some reallocations didn't
> appear until I rescanned a second time 'just to make sure'.  Perhaps
> that's what wasn't as expected.
>
> The reassignment of chanids means, of course, that they will be
> system-specific.  OK once you recognise that.
>
> I did have the old laptop, set up for another TX and with different
> tuners.  After updating from the 'buntu bionic master ppa, downloading 3
> firmware files for the MyGica T230, and deleting all video sources, it
> scanned when given freq, BW and QAM-256 for just the BBCA HD transport,
> quickly finding all the SD ones.  Not as with the other systems; perhaps
> a driver or firmware quirk.   Then I told it the other HD settings and
> did 'all known' yet again.  No logs, though.  Sorry.
>
> Probably the biggest issue in the UK DVB-T/T2 scans is the duplicate
multiplexes from different transmitters. Only when that is solved and each
channel is present only once in a new scan then it is possible to do the
update correct. The goal is to be able to do a "Full Scan" and then it
should just be OK without manual interventions like deleting multiplexes
and video sources.

 Klaas.