[mythtv-users] Mux-shifting. DVB-T retune

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:46:42 UTC 2020

Today some of the multiplexes that I use were changed as part of the 700
MHz clearance programme.  I knew it was coming, but details seem to be
not readily available these days;  the assumption is clearly that the
process will be handled automagically.

I'm running current master, and the rescan seemed easy - thanks, Klass.
I did my usual 'all known and linked transports' scan, deleted empty
transports, and repeated until things seemed stable.

But I couldn't watch BBC ONE as channel 1.  The EPG showed it there, but
also at channel 4166, where it was watchable.  The log from scanning
explained this.  Some 50 of 137 channels had similar changes.

After deleting all EIT channels and rescanning, I think it's back to
normal, and the EPG is being repopulated.  The channels of old
recordings in the Watch Recordings screen look OK.

Now for the box with DVB-T2 as well.  ISTR that those muxes may not have
the link info.

John P