[mythtv-users] Leanfront on Firestick 4k

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:30:03 UTC 2020

On 04/03/2020 20:53, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 3/3/20 7:08 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> I have v108, and playback of SD (mpeg2/576i mp2 stereo from DVB-T)
>> recordings is greatly improved over earlier builds although not yet
>> really acceptable for use.
>>
>> The sound and video picture quality are both now individually quite
>> good, but the video motion is not smooth, with mini-pauses every few
>> frames. Sync is erratic, but without noticeable long-term drift.  The
>> logging output comes at high speed and as yet I haven't examined it.
>>
>> Perhaps the biggest problem I have is knowing in advance, from the
>> Leanfront display alone, whether an individual recording is in a
>> format that will be playable.  h264p is excellent.
>>
>> Great work.  Thanks.
>>
>> John P
>>

> Hi John
>
> Can you get me a sample of a recording that does not play well? What
> recordings do not play? If the video format is not supported by the
> android device then there is no easy solution. I think h263 does not
> work on the fire stick, but I don't think any broadcast uses it.
>
> Peter

All these have been uploaded earlier for some reason or other, but ought
to serve as examples:

This one, h264 1080i with 6-channel sound, Leanfront doesn't play at
all.  And google seems to think .ts means text...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yQjyTQNgy9mwXpdl7jtZbX17P5R6tgCu

I think this will probably work

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SSxabQJVYN-PRirSF_5zPwEd2FYeaoWp

and this .mpg clip is probably similar to the one in the first paragraph
above

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yqlC2R-7MwTBbdLdZgcpsecMKaXNMKNJ

HTH

John