[mythtv-users] Freeview UK reshuffled some channel numbers again

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:30:08 UTC 2020

On 08/12/2020 11:50, Klaas de Waal wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 at 11:45, Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net
> <mailto:mythtv at mythqml.net>> wrote:
>
>     Just a head up for Freeview uses in the UK they have moved around some
>     channels again :(
>
>     https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/channel-changes-7-Dec-2020
>     <https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/channel-changes-7-Dec-2020>
>

> Which is then an excellent occasion to test the channel scanning of the
> current master!
>
> Klaas.

Yes - but I'm a bit confused.  Since seeing Paul's post I have rescanned
my TV and my Fedora 32 mythbox several times.  The mythbox has one DVB-T
tuner and one DVB-T/T2 tuner.  The MythTV scans were, as usual for me,
'all known transports' and I saw no reports of failure to lock or bad
scans.  After the second Myth scan 14 channels were reported missing for
both tuners, and after the third scan 14 new channels were added.  The
Programme Guide still has a Channel 11 and a Channel 11A, and some other
channel numbers differ on the TV and Myth.

No doubt it will all settle down eventually, and I suppose I ought to
redefine my video sources sometime and do a full scan with more logging.
  At present it looks as if it will all work, and most of the old
recordings are reported as being from channels look correct - if, for
example, 'Sony Movies Classic' and 'Sony Movies Christmas' are taken as
being equivalent.  I have one 'Christmas' recording from mid-August.

John