[mythtv-users] RPM build of master in and for F29 - new script fails to build plugins

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 17:42:51 UTC 2019

On 10/09/2019 15:24, John Pilkington wrote:

> [...]

<snip>

> The mythtv rpms installed with --allowerasing to remove the old build of
> the plugins.  The system is now running.  rpmbuild --rebuild of the
> plugins .src.rpm is missing a few exotic dependencies, and I'm inclined
> to leave it that way for the timebeing :-)

Despite that promise, I had two .src.rpm files and it seemed worth
trying mock --chain.  It worked, building yet another set of myth rpms
and one of mythplugin rpms, which installed.

But Gary's README outlined a snag:  my 550 GB /var has shrunk by around
3 GB of delete-resistant stuff.  There's also quite a lot of nVidia
stuff for hardware and/or kernels long out of use.  I suppose root can
remove it, but...