[mythtv-users] Help: Failed to connect to (127.0.0.1:6543) Connection refused

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 11:40:36 UTC 2019

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 9:14 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pretty short BE log. pastebin requires no setup, just go to pastebin.com
> There are usually more lines that say what the BE is listening on. I can't
> recall if 0.27 has the log message, but a '... connected to the DB ... is
> expected currently. Need to know that to be sure that the BE isn't
> reverting
> to some fail-safe values, e.g. 127.0.0.1.
>
> If mythtv-setup isn't working, and you're comfortable with SQL, I'd do
> this:
>
>      SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value IN ('AllowLinkLocal',
> 'BackendServerIP', 'MasterServerIP');
>
> The log say the BE is running as master, so the ServerIPs should be OK.
>
> If AllowLinkLocal isn't = 1, then the BE won't be listening on 127.0.0.1
>
> --
> Bill

Thanks for getting back to me.  It seems there's always something arcane I
need to add to my knowledge when working with MythTV. :-)

Regarding pastebin, I did a quick look and thought there was a package to
install for pastebin and concluded I'd have to deal with that.

As for the SQL query, it came back with multiple BackendServerIP entries,
one for the master backend with it's correct IP -- 192.168.1.149 -- and
three for frontend-only systems. Dunno whether those should be there, but
one lists 192.168.1.148 (That frontend's IP!) and the other two list
127.0.0.1.  Not sure if I should remove them or update them.

AllowLinkLocal = 1, so that's good.

MasterServerIP = 192.168.1.149, which is correct, but it has hostname =
NULL.  IP is correct, but not sure if the hostname = NULL is an issue.

AFAIK, these settings haven't changed in years, so I don't know if
something else was twiddling with them or I'd just been skating on thin ice
all this time (if they're wrong), or they're weird but ok.

--
Craig.