[mythtv-users] ota, HDHR-T1-US, lte filter

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 14:13:26 UTC 2019

> On Oct 18, 2019, at 8:08 AM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 18, 2019, at 12:18 AM, Evuraan <evuraan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> (retrying with reduced message size)
>>
>>> Also, What kind of antenna do you have?
>> This one:
>> https://www.amazon.com/Televes-DATBOSS-Antenna-Filter-149883/dp/B071ZBKBGC?ref_=ast_sto_dp
>>
>> the LTE filter did not do anything, more puzzling, during some scans
>> it picks up channels, other times it does not lock at all.  At this
>> time hdhr is connected direct to the pre-amp.
>>
>> https://evuraan.info/evuraan/stuff/scan.txt - scan o/p
>> https://evuraan.info/evuraan/stuff/antenna-schematics.png - quick schematics

Have you visited  www.tvfool.com  yet to find out what is available and what kind of signal you are getting for your area?

Also, you may want to try swapping out the power supply for your HDHR to a different one. Keep in mind voltage and polarity of the connector, and also the current requirements. I believe they are 5 volts, 2 amps.  Power supplies for the hdhr have been a sore spot for hdhr users

Also looks like your antenna is pretty directional with good reception in one direction. Is the antenna pointed in the direction of where your stations are broadcasting from?

Another note, have you tried different segments for cabling to make sure all cable is good?

Just trouble shooting ideas above..

Also, another site that may be helpful for OTA reception are the forums at www.digitalhome.ca.

Regards!