[mythtv-users] FireStick vs Shield

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 22:35:51 UTC 2019

I am over at a friend's watching football today and installed Mythfrontend
on a firestick 4k.  He already has Shields on most TVs, but this was a lot
cheaper for spare bedrooms.

The Shields here (USA / HDHR tuners / ATSC) require a back press for LiveTV
and the Shield does not.  I assume this is due to using the CPU on the
shield and MediaCodec on the firestick, but does anyone know if I can do
anything to change the behaviour on the Shield to not require it?

Other than the video playback settings, all others are the same I copied
the profile in the database.

Thanks for any pointers

-Greg