[mythtv-users] Tuning fails on Nova S2 HD with "Error parsing parameters" 29.1

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue May 28 15:47:09 UTC 2019

On 27/05/2019 22:43, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> A lot has changed since 29.1 in mythtv-setup but with today's master
> everything should work and there should be no "Error parsing
> parameters" error message boxes unless there are wrong parameters.
> However, on today's master I cannot reproduce the "Error parsing
> parameters" error box. This is with my current satellite tuner card
> collection but that does not include a Nova-S2. Is this problem
> specific for the Nova-S2 tuner card/stick or does it happen also on
> other cards?

For me, it happens only on the Nova S2 HD, but then I have no other S2
cards. My others are DVB-T cards.

> Is it a new "Full Scan (Tuned)" or a "Scan of all
> existing transports"? A detailed sequence on how to produce the error
> box would be most helpful.

Likely irrelevant, the server is headless and I'm using X forwarding
with putty from a windows machine running XMing. I'm using keyboard
commands.

 From the command line I stop mythbackend.

Using the X windows running mythtvsetup I:

  Right-arrow to "Input connections" and CR to enter that screen
  Down-arrow to adapter4 and CR to enter the next screen
  Down-arrow to "Scan for channels" and CR to enter the next screen
    That screen has
      Services set to TV
      Unencrypted Only checked
      Video source Freesat (which is correct)
      Input set to adapter4
      Scan Type set to "Full Scan (Tuned)"
      A Scan button
  Down-arrow to "Scan" and CR to enter the next screen
    That's when I see the "Error parsing parameters" message box.
    I don't even get to the screen where I could type in the scan
    details.