[mythtv-users] BE3 - Issues with installation and database

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon May 20 20:24:02 UTC 2019

On 5/20/19 11:15 AM, Barry Martin wrote:

> Looks like I got a little wordy by 10K.  If my post to Stephen Worthington doesn't get approved it's here:
>
> https://pastebin.com/XrFhVHzG

MariaDB [(none)]> show grants;

The [(none)] above is because you haven't selected a database on
the command line. Not a problem.

SHOW GRANTS only shows grants for the current user. Use:

     SHOW GRANTS FOR 'mythtv'@'localhost';

for example, to see the mythtv user on the localhost.

The: Query OK, <0 or 1> rows affected (0.01 sec) responses are correct
for the commands you entered.

Another good test to see if the DB is accessible by MythTV is this:

     mysql --host=localhost --user=mythtv --password=Z******S mythconverg

--
Bill