[mythtv-users] Getting GUI Error message, when opening the MythTV Browser page.

Miroslav Pavlovic mail.pavlovic at gmail.com
Fri May 10 09:30:39 UTC 2019

ok, I got a bit further, the root mysql problem, I fixed like this:
(Found the steps from a page, but dont have the URL handy)
(Also set a Linux User root password before)

   1. Stop MySQL

 sudo service mysql stop

   1. Make MySQL service directory.

 sudo mkdir /var/run/mysqld

   1. Give MySQL user permission to write to the service directory.

 sudo chown mysql: /var/run/mysqld

   1. Start MySQL manually, without permission checks or networking.

 sudo mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables --skip-networking &

   1. Log in without a password.

 mysql -uroot mysql

*Now reset authentication and set password resolving to default mechanism:*

use mysql; # use mysql tableupdate user set
authentication_string=PASSWORD("") where User='root'; # update
password to nothingupdate user set plugin="mysql_native_password"
where User='root'; # set password resolving to default mechanism for
root user

flush privileges;
quit;
----

So now I am able to access the mysql ddatabase as root user:

miro at mythbox:~$ *sudo mysql -u root mythconverg*

Your MySQL connection id is 4
Server version: 5.7.26-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (Ubuntu)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2019, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> show tables;
+--------------------------------+
| Tables_in_mythconverg          |
+--------------------------------+
| archiveitems                   |
| bdbookmark                     |
| callsignnetworkmap             |
| capturecard                    |
| cardinput                      |
| channel                        |
| channelgroup                   |
| channelgroupnames              |

ooo

*And now my mythtv browser GUI works again !!! hooray*

Virenfrei.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>