[mythtv-users] Web Frontend works again

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Mar 9 08:55:03 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 09 2019 at 21:40 +13, Stephen Worthington wrote:

[...]

> Mythtv-setup now stores changes section by section (as of
> version0.28?).  So when you go into one section of the setup menu,
> then exit it again, you get the option to save or discard the changes
> you made while in that section.  When you come to exiting completely
> from mythtv-setup, you have already exited from the section where you
> were making changes and it will have stored them (or discarded them if
> you told it to do that).  So when you get the message about problems
> with the storage groups, all the changes you made will have been
> stored already.

This explains why at least sometimes my procedure worked.

> When you say it hangs on exit, you need to be bit more specific.  Does
> the GUI screen of mythtv-setup.real go away?  If so, then the "hang"
> was probably happening in the mythtv-setup script that is wrapped
> around mythtv-setup.real.  If the GUI screen was still showing when it
> hung, then the problem is in mythtv-setup.real.

I guess now it was unsuccesfully trying to restart the backend which was
probably still running. When the backend is stopped with systemctl I
exit the setup without any problem.

BTW, I use

systemctl stop mythbackend
systemctl start mythbackend