[mythtv-users] Web Frontend works again

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Mar 9 08:40:25 UTC 2019

On Sat, 09 Mar 2019 08:57:53 +0100, you wrote:

>I think now my change of IP was not actually stored, partially because
>of my careless. When exiting mythtv-setup it complains
>
>   You have a Video Storage Group, but have not set up all Image
>   Group...Do you want to get back and fix the problem?
>
>I consider it irrelevant and select
>
>  No. I know what I am doing.
>
>but the program hangs and I simply kill it. I have the feeling it used
>to work for years and perhaps it stopped now.

Mythtv-setup now stores changes section by section (as of
version0.28?).  So when you go into one section of the setup menu,
then exit it again, you get the option to save or discard the changes
you made while in that section.  When you come to exiting completely
from mythtv-setup, you have already exited from the section where you
were making changes and it will have stored them (or discarded them if
you told it to do that).  So when you get the message about problems
with the storage groups, all the changes you made will have been
stored already.

When you say it hangs on exit, you need to be bit more specific.  Does
the GUI screen of mythtv-setup.real go away?  If so, then the "hang"
was probably happening in the mythtv-setup script that is wrapped
around mythtv-setup.real.  If the GUI screen was still showing when it
hung, then the problem is in mythtv-setup.real.  There are some things
that can make it take a long time to do things, so next time it does
that, it would be an idea just to go away and come back in 10 minutes
of so and see if it did eventually exit.  And also, you can look at
the /var/log/mythtv/mythtv-setup.log file and see what might be
happening.  In any case, killing mythtv-setup at that point would not
prevent it from having saved all your changes.