[mythtv-users] Web Frontend works again

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Mar 9 07:57:53 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 09 2019 at  7:40 +00, Ian Cameron wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 07:20, Janusz S. Bień <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:
>
>  I would not call the problem "solved" because I still don't why it
>  didn't worked earlier and why it works now :-)
>
> Good to hear, more or less!
>
>  I understood mythtv-setup stops and restarts the backend and I relied on
>  it. Looks like restarting it with systemctl helped.
>
> It kind of can, but it doesn't play nicely with systemctl usually, so
> I always recommend issuing the systemctl stop/start commands manually
> before/after running mythtv-setup.

I think now my change of IP was not actually stored, partially because
of my careless. When exiting mythtv-setup it complains

   You have a Video Storage Group, but have not set up all Image
   Group...Do you want to get back and fix the problem?

I consider it irrelevant and select

  No. I know what I am doing.

but the program hangs and I simply kill it. I have the feeling it used
to work for years and perhaps it stopped now.

Best regards

Janusz

--
             ,