[mythtv-users] Web Frontend works again (was: Web Frontend stopped working yesterday)

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 07:40:29 UTC 2019

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 07:20, Janusz S. Bień <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:

> I would not call the problem "solved" because I still don't why it
> didn't worked earlier and why it works now :-)

Good to hear, more or less!

I understood mythtv-setup stops and restarts the backend and I relied on
> it. Looks like restarting it with systemctl helped.

It kind of can, but it doesn't play nicely with systemctl usually, so I
always recommend issuing the systemctl stop/start commands manually
before/after running mythtv-setup.

What would help solve this would be the inclusion of a wrapper script by
the package maintainers that executes the necessary 'sudo systemctl'
commands before/after executing the real mythtv-setup binary.

Cheers, Ian