[mythtv-users] The video format served by MythTV

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 16:47:11 UTC 2019

On 7/10/19 12:12 PM, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 09 2019 at 19:08 +02, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Any Oculus Go user on the list? I've purchased one today.
>>
>> I expected to be able to use the DLNA servers of MythTV and HDHomerun
>> CONNECT (HDHR4-2DT). To make a long story short, all my attempts failed
>> in various ways...
> The recommended application is Oculus Gallery. It discovers both the servers
> and their content, but playing any of them yields just an empty screen.
>
> I intend to ask Oculus about it, but please help me to formulate the
> question. I think I should tell them which video format is served by
> MythTV. Is it TS as recorded on the disk? Can it be changed somehow?
>
> Best regards
>
> Janusz
>
> PS. My TV also cannot play the MythtTV recordings, but I can live with
> it :-)

There is an android version of MythTV frontend. It is optimized for
Android TV, so I don't know how well it would work. Information is in
the wiki here:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android

Touchscreen support is not good in the Android version but it works well
with a remote or even a keyboard. I don't know if the Oculus can support
a bluetooth remote.