[mythtv-users] The video format served by MythTV

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Thu Jul 11 04:11:51 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 10 2019 at 18:12 +02, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 09 2019 at 19:08 +02, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Any Oculus Go user on the list? I've purchased one today.
>>
>> I expected to be able to use the DLNA servers of MythTV and HDHomerun
>> CONNECT (HDHR4-2DT). To make a long story short, all my attempts failed
>> in various ways...
>
> The recommended application is Oculus Gallery. It discovers both the servers
> and their content, but playing any of them yields just an empty screen.
>
> I intend to ask Oculus about it, but please help me to formulate the
> question. I think I should tell them which video format is served by
> MythTV. Is it TS as recorded on the disk? Can it be changed somehow?

A moment ago I asked Oculus about the formats supported by Gallery.

Perhaps I should switch on auto-transcoding in the Recording Profiles?
To say the truth, this part of configuration is a complete mystery to me
despite reading https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Setup_Recording_Profiles.

Best regards

Janusz

--