[mythtv-users] HD Hiomerun works better in HDHomeRun viewer than MythTV

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Mon Jan 28 16:03:55 UTC 2019

On 1/25/2019 3:41 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 1/25/19 3:24 PM, Don Brett wrote:

>>> I suggest change your profile to one of the OpenGL ones (try OpenGL
>>> Slim) instead of "VDPAU High quality". If that solves your problem
>>> you can customize a profile that uses OpenGL for mpeg2 and OpenGL
>>> for others, or you can just leave it using OpenGL Slim.

>> Just tried it, but when I played an existing recording, the audio
>> played and mythfrontend exited to the desktop...audio continued to
>> play until I rebooted.  Is there a library I need to install?
>>

> Make sure that the Theme Painter is set to opengl2 in
> Settings->Appearance. If that does not work you may have a broken
> opengl system.

I think this solved it.  I couldn't find any evidence that openGL was on
installed, so used this guide to install it.

http://www.codebind.com/linux-tutorials/install-opengl-ubuntu-linux/

After installing, I changed the profile to openGL, it still did work
(exited to desktop).  As you suggested, I also had to change the paint
engine from QT to Auto, which solved it.

An interesting side-note; earlier in this thread, I had identified a
recording that seemed to be captured with pixelation in the file. The
pixelation happened at the same point, very repeatably.  It also
happened at  the same point in VLC (running on a win7 box), so I
concluded it was recorded that way.  It looks like the VDPAU bug was
being re-invoked each time I played the file.  Now Myhthfrontend plays
that recording fine, but VLC still has the pixelation.

Thanks for the help,

Don