[mythtv-users] Previous recordings have disappeared

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Jan 28 13:14:58 UTC 2019

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 19:51:31 -0700, you wrote:

>> What exactly do you mean by "none actually show up"?
>> Are there no recordings listed, or are they showing
>> with an X icon and can not be played?
>
>There are no recordings listed.
>
>> Check that you have not accidentally changed the Group
>> to a group that does not contain any recordings.
>> M (menu) > Change group filter and select "All programs".
>
>I already checked that and I'm on the "All programs" filter group.
>
>> Check that your storage group directories are accessible.
>> You can do that manually, or you can run mythtv-setup and
>> on exit it will complain if it can not see all of the
>> storage group directories.
>
>I only have one storage group and its accessible.
>
>[root at c6 ~]# ls -ld /tv/recordings/
>drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 32768 Jan 27 17:13 /tv/recordings/
>[root at c6 ~]#

I can remember a bug that could do this to you, but I think it was
fixed before 0.27.  And crashed database tables can cause this, but
you have already checked for that.  You may have to delve deep and
turn on the database logging options to see what queries are being
done and then run those queries manually yourself to see what the
results are.  You should probably run find_orphans.py and see what
problems it can see in the database - but until you know what is going
on, I would not recommend letting it do any cleanups.