[mythtv-users] RAID 1 mirror with mythtv backend???

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:45:57 UTC 2019

I've had only good experiences using RAID mirrors for the HDDs
containing the recordings, and an SSD for the OS/MythTV/database.  This
experience is based on four MythTV PVRs running in the family since 2011.

When I had both the OS/MythTV/datbase and the recordings on the same
drive I experienced more frequent failures.

One other important thing is to reduce the writes to the disk devices by
adding "noatime,nodiratime" to the /etc/fstab mounts.

If you wish to read more about my experience, see the following article
I wrote on the topic:

Why Consider RAID for PVR Recordings and Solid State Drive for Mythbuntu
Operating System?
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-why-raid

Curtis