[mythtv-users] WinTV-quadHD support in mythtv???

David Krainess davidkrainess at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 14:20:25 UTC 2019

>>So I'm looking to move on.  I've seen a Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD that I could use in my production Mythtv-Backend. Does anyone have any experience with this card and Mythtv??  Their >>Linux support page says they have a PPA and support the 18.04 Bionic 4.15 kernel. I run my Mythtv 24/7 so it needs to be solid.

For around $100 USD, the 1609 is a value and solid card, all 4 tuners show up for me in Myth (Fedora 27) and signal quality for me is great for terrestrial.  Only one issue, lirc does not support this card and I don't believe it will ever be supported.  No big deal for me, I'm using a $25 FLIRC, as I value my time and have spent too many hours of my life on lirc.
1609 Firmware: https://github.com/OpenELEC/dvb-firmware/raw/master/firmware/dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw (put in /lib, or wherever your libraries go, I didn't need to do anything special, the card loaded up fine with just this)
I highly recommend this card.