[mythtv-users] MythTV Image Gallery questions

TimP mythtv at corky.co
Thu Jan 17 17:16:05 UTC 2019

On 2019-01-17 16:24, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 1/17/19 9:58 AM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>> On Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:23:25 AM MST Stephen Worthington
>> wrote:
>> Well there is, actually - I have a dozen or so different directories
>> and don't
>> want to have to add them all (and others as they are created) when a
>> script to
>> make 1 directory of softlinks would do the job much more elegantly.
>>

> You can use the Services API from a script:
>
> curl --data GroupName=Photographs --data DirName=/whereEverYouLike
> --data HostName=yoursHere yourBackend:6544/Myth/AddStorageGroupDir
>
> RemoveStorageGroupDir works with the same parameters.

I once had a script that would gather up the images from all over the
place and link them into directories in the Photo storage group. The
photos were sorted by date and each directory was named after the date
of the first photo in it. Directories were limited to 28 or so photos so
the thumbnails fitted in one screen of MythGallery.

It was a very easy was to browse photos but the lack of support for
softlinks killed it. Most photos arrive on the system from mobiles
phones connected up with nextcloud so it's not possible to hardlink them
while keeping apache/nextcloud and mythtv separate.