[mythtv-users] small portable DVR

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 16:24:04 UTC 2019

> On Jan 15, 2019, at 10:31 AM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, this test of mythtv-backend on an RP3 B+ is probably over. I setup the RP3 with Raspbian LIte Stretch 9 and boot from USB External Hard Drive. Using the Build from Source Wiki I got mythtv built without errors but I could not do the Ansible dependence stuff. Had to do that the old fashion way.
>

> I could get the backend setup for HDHR internal method, and set no grabber of EPG.  So when Kodi on another system connected it could see the channels, but I could not play one. I’m  not sure way? Usually if the mysql permissions aren’t right you can’t even get that far. I got no errors in any logs I could find.

You need to visit the raspberry pi page on mythtv.org. In it there is a mythtv-lite package that you want to install on raspbian stretch available from raspberry pi.org. No need to compile yourself.

Just follow the instructions on the referenced page from mythtv.org <http://mythtv.org/>.

Incidentally using the package referenced above for v29, I am able to record from 2 tuners, as well as watch from a 2nd raspberry pi running mythtv-light set up as a frontend machine. I also have the mp2 license installed, and it works well when following the instructions outlined on the mythtv.org <http://mythtv.org/> raspberry pi page.

Again, make certain to follow the instructions if you are interested in raspbian stretch and mythtv-lite method.

Regards,