[mythtv-users] small portable DVR

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:31:50 UTC 2019

Well, this test of mythtv-backend on an RP3 B+ is probably over. I setup the RP3 with Raspbian LIte Stretch 9 and boot from USB External Hard Drive. Using the Build from Source Wiki I got mythtv built without errors but I could not do the Ansible dependence stuff. Had to do that the old fashion way.

I could get the backend setup for HDHR internal method, and set no grabber of EPG.  So when Kodi on another system connected it could see the channels, but I could not play one. I’m  not sure way? Usually if the mysql permissions aren’t right you can’t even get that far. I got no errors in any logs I could find.

So do we know for sure that the backend has been compiled from source on RP3B+??

BTW, I tried to do this on Archlinux on an RP3 and it said armv7h architecture wasn’t available for mythtv

Jim A