[mythtv-users] small portable DVR

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:13:40 UTC 2019

On 1/14/19 1:37 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 07:27:08 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> The Core i3 NUC is a good FE/BE if you
>> use Kodi as I get tearing with mythtv-frontend.
> There was someone else on this list recently who was also having a
> problem with tearing when using an Intel GPU.  There was a simple
> solution to his problem - just a few lines in xorg.conf and it was all
> fixed.  Unfortunately I can not remember which thread it was, but
> maybe a search of the list archive for "tearing" would find it.

I have seen that thread and I know the option. Oddly, that is not one of
the options that was recommended for Ubuntu 18.04 which switched to the
modesetting video driver instead of the Intel driver. But I think the
guys at Intel, my old coworkers, lost some of the Ivy Bridge
optimizations when they added in the stuff for all the new cpus. I was
working on that problem when I got my Shield TV.  That changed
everything for me for Frontends. It runs everything I need, Mythtv FE,
Kodi, SlingTV Prime TV, etc.

Jim A