[mythtv-users] mythtranscode crashes on a .ts HD file

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 14 10:43:02 UTC 2019

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 at 17:45, Stefan Davids <mythtv at stefan.davids.uk.net>
wrote:

> To use mythtranscode on h264 with a cutlist you need to use it in fifo
> mode to output raw video which can then be transcoded by ffmpeg or
> similar reading from the fifos.  Or generate the cutlist via mythutil
> and just use ffmpeg directly to cut out those bits and concatenate it
> together.

Groan.

> If you're familar with perl there's an example I use here at
> http://git.netscum.org.uk/stefan/h264_fifo/src/master/transcode_perl or
> there are many other examples in shell script or python around (at least
> two on the mythtv website).

Thank you. I am not familiar with Perl and would understand more from a
shell or Python script. Which ones do you mean? I've done a bit of
searching of the website and there's a hodgepodge of scripts at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Transcode_Video, none of which says clearly
whether it works for HD.

It seems almost impossible to get the cutting exactly right though for
> h264 though.

Pity. If it has to be such a faff I may give up on doing it on Linux and
may resort to Premiere, for the few things I really need to export for work.