[mythtv-users] Trying Nvshield android package, unsuccessfully. Pointers needed.

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:02:48 UTC 2019

On 11/01/2019 16:07, Kris J wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:37 AM Kris J <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
> <mailto:kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>          >
>          >     Many thanks Peter
>          >
>          > I think I track it down to DB corruption.
>          > Running ( mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'status;' ) on my
>         server shows:
>          > --------------
>          > mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.24, for Linux (x86_64) using
>         EditLine wrapper
>          >
>          > Connection id:          11854
>          > Current database:       mythconverg
>          > Current user:           mythtv at localhost
>          > SSL:                    Not in use
>          > Current pager:          stdout
>          > Using outfile:          ''
>          > Using delimiter:        ;
>          > Server version:         5.7.24-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (Ubuntu)
>          > Protocol version:       10
>          > Connection:             Localhost via UNIX socket
>          > Server characterset:    latin1
>          > Db     characterset:    utf8
>          > Client characterset:    utf8
>          > Conn.  characterset:    utf8
>          > UNIX socket:            /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>          > Uptime:                 4 hours 2 min 39 sec
>          >
>          > Threads: 46  Questions: 2801872  Slow queries: 0  Opens:
>         4221  Flush
>          > tables: 1  Open tables: 128  Queries per second avg: 192.449
>          > --------------
>          >
>          > Searching for answers lead me to a old outdated wiki page
>         that explains
>          > the problem and how to fix the DB.
>          > (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Fixing_Corrupt_Database_Encoding)
>          >
>          > However I'm leery to apply the suggested fix as the page has
>         been
>          > labeled outdated.
>          >
>          > Is the "Fixing the database corruption" entry still a viable
>         fix for
>          > Mythtv .29.1?
>
>         I ran the same mysql status query on my Fedora 28 box running
>         master,
>         which connects and runs well with a firestick 4K and Peter's 32-bit
>         20181124 build.  The characterset results are identical.  I have a
>         'Server:  MariaDB' line, and the Server Version is 10.2.19-MariaDB
>         MariaDB Server. Using outfile: has two ticks, not the
>         double-tick as
>         shown in your post, and my UNIX socket is
>         /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock,
>         where the differences might be Fedora/Ubuntu or just a quirk of
>         my setup.
>
>         I don't claim to understand mysql, but I'm not certain that your
>         mysql
>         config is bad.
>
>         John P
>

>     Thank you Paul and John..(Hmm. 1/2 of a good music band)  :)
>
>     I went google around for some of the error messages I am seeing. I
> [...]

I just tried 'mythbackend --setverbose network', issued from a terminal
wih the backend already running, and looked at the backend log while
skipping around the frontend menus.  Lots of this sort of thing that
might perhaps be informative...   But not to me...

MythCoreContext::dispatch  MythEvent : SYSTEM_EVENT SCREEN_TYPE_CREATED
targetscreen SENDER androidname

John (with only one P)