[mythtv-users] Nvidia Shield Is the future of Mythtv Frontend

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 18:35:23 UTC 2019

On 1/7/19, Anthony Brummett <brummett at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 11:55 AM Jon Boehm <jon.s.boehm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm using a Flirc with the same old TIVO remote I've been using with
>> MythTV for almost a decade.
>>

> An old Tivo remote is exactly what I'm trying to preserve.  I'll check out
> the Flirc.  Thanks!
>
> -- Tony

If you're talking about an old Phillips TIVO (for example the old 34
button remote) that's what I use with ir-keytable. Currently I'm using
a serial port receiver on my old hardware, but I spent quite some time
looking into USB options to be ready for the inevitability of
eventually abandoning serial.

I found that the Iguanaworks USB receiver actually works very reliably
with those old Tivo remotes using the nec protocol. You have to be
careful to get one with a built in receiver. Some require an external
receiver which is what I bought by accident...though that worked with
a cheap 1/8" wired receiver. Here's a whole thread on the mistakes /
confusion I went through, but again, as it turns out, it works really
well:

https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/613369

Tom